Sunday, February 24, 2008

New Shoes




Caeden has desperately needed new shoes lately. He was with me "in town" Friday night, so we stopped by the mall just to look. Guess what, we came away with two new pairs for him. J.C. Pennies is having a buy one get one for a dollar sale! It is only one select brands though, Caeden is in the boys section now and there was enough selection that I was able to find some that I liked for him.

Caeden had quite the little shopping trip with Mommy. He came away with a new shirt, two new pairs of shoes, and new new fabric to help me finish his blanket! All these things were needed, but now Camlyn is at the age where he is starting to notice that big brother got something new and he didn't.

How do you explain to a two year old? Especially when your older brother is flitting around in a new outfit and rocking new shoes? Every morning it is a battle at our house to get dressed. It involves a lot of running around and saying "I can't." To which I usually reply "of course you can't if you don't try." But Saturday he was up and dressed before you could blink an eye. Poor little Camlyn wandered around with a sad little look in his big brown eyes, Shoe, shoe. Shoe, shoe."

Guess what? Camlyn really did need new shoes too. Caeden grew so fast that he would skip whole sizes in clothes and shoes. Back I went on Saturday to get some for Camlyn too. I didn't really like the selection of the shoes on sale in the toddler section though. I ended up at Payless and found some there. They are having a good sale too, buy one get one half off. Just one pair this time. Camlyn grew out of his last pair so fast I can't justify two pairs for him.

Camlyn had to put his new shoes on too when I got home. Now we had two high stepping fiends running around the house sticking their feet in your face. Something else I am finding out, there are cuter shoes on-line. It is just not the same shopping on a computer.

No comments: