Wednesday, April 9, 2008

New Pet

Yes, we do have a new pet. Two of them at the moment. Those of you that know me will be surprised, a pet ladybug. I hate bugs, but secretly I am fascinated by them. As long as they are on the other side of glass and I know they can't get out. It says it is a ladybug playground. I really think it a ladybug torture camp, poke, poke, shake. Or maybe a mommy torture device, "Mommy, he is not moving. (1 second later) Mommy, it's OK, he's moving. (1 second later) Mommy he's not moving." You get the idea. So what is the little guys name? Camlyn, quite the tribute no?

5 comments:

Just Joey said...

how cute! What do you feed them? The entomologist at Reiman said plumped raisins work!

Jessica said...

The box said leaves, so we ripped one off our houseplant. We have lost one so either it drowned, starved or got poisoned. We will try the raisins on the remaining ladybug.

Lani said...

Caeden was so proud when he showed us his ladybugs last night. Missed you. Hope you are feeling better today.

Anonymous said...

One thing for certain -- if all the lady bugs die there are always more to replace them! Good luck - Aunt Linda

Jessica said...

Aunt Linda, that was my exact thoughts. For once I am glad to see them. Another secretive exchange after the boys are in bed....