Saturday, May 24, 2008

Another Hunt


Just what is Caeden doing creeping around in the dark with a butterfly net and a salt shaker? Well he is hunting Robins of course. We spent Friday night and part of Saturday with Grandpa Jim and Grandma Jane. I think Grandma Jane got tired of the endless barrage of questions Caeden hurled her way. She tried a trick that her own daddy used on her when she was a little tot about Caeden's age. Only I think that it only prompted more questions.

You see, if you shake some salt on a robin's tail they will become tame and you can pet them. Just ask Great-Grandpa J. Towards the end of the afternoon today he was starting to get a little down about not catching one yet. "I'm never going to try to catch, ah ha there's another one." Zoooom

3 comments:

Shawn said...

Too cute. That should keep him busy for awhile. Happy hunting. ;)

Shawn said...

Ooops. Evidently I'm logged in as my brother. That was me - as in Lani.

Jennifer said...

Too funny! :) By the way, I seem to have lost the email address you gave me- aarrgh! :) Anyway, since my blog is invite-only (due to the daycare kids) I could send you an invite if you emailed me at BrightBeginningsLC@gmail.com- sorry I'm so unorganized! :) Have a happy day.