Friday, October 30, 2009

Naughty Tooth Fairy!

Caeden has lost two teeth now. The first one I was a bit too squeamish to try more than a half-hearted tug. That tooth was destined to stay in until the neighbor kid convinced Caeden to flick it out. Which he did, outside. Needless to say that tooth was lost forever. As it turned out, no tooth, no tooth fairy.
His second tooth came out yesterday. He very carefully put it in a little glass bowl and checked on it several times during the day to make sure it was still there. He was excited to see if this tooth fairy business was for real. Unfortunately, for me it was a very busy day. Needless to say, this mommy forgot.
5 am this morning Caeden comes crashing into my room. "Mommy, the tooth fairy didn't come." I had just spent my last dollar yesterday on a diet Coke and pillows don't take debit cards. What's a mommy to do? Naturally I slip a dollar out of Mister Money Bag's, Caeden, wallet. Yes, all you Grandma's out there I will slip another one back in! Am I an awful Mommy or what? Paying a kid with his own money!

No comments: