Thursday, June 19, 2008

Whistle for Willie

We have really been enjoying some books lately by Ezra Jack Keats. The stories are simple and well written and about things that little boys are worried about. It is the middle of Summer, but we are still reading The Snowy Day. The other one that we have been reading a lot lately is Whistle for Willie. Willie is the little boy's dog. He thinks it would be great to whistle to call his dog. He trys so hard to whistle his cheeks hurt, but he doesn't give up.
We have a little boy around here who has been trying and trying to whistle as well. He thinks he has succeded, you be the judge. Just remember that if you hear this sound, it is a whistle! Luckily for me he told me. I thought the noise was in conjunction with the cars that he was playing with.

3 comments:

Just Joey said...

oh my goodness! You're right, it needs a little translation! SOOO funny! thanks for the smile!

Anonymous said...

Oh! I love it! I had one who whistled as well -- when he gets bigger and actually masters it it will be kind of nice! Thanks!

Lani said...

Too funny. I've never read the book, but we have a DVD that has this book on it. Cute.