Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Confusion

I have been spending most of my days lately in utter confusion. The other morning I was woken up by Caeden crashing into the room, of course this was around 6 a.m. or so. "Mommy, Daddy took my nap away. He took my nap away." Then he went crashing back through the door. Why would his father take his nap away, he appreciates the quiet time as much as I do? This is a mystery that would best be solved after some coffee.

Since I was so gently awakened, no breakfast in bed around here, I stumbled blearily downstairs. Thump, thump, thump. Yup, there is Caeden rocking in the chair, on his head. Huh? Check again, yep on his head alright. Keep stumbling toward the kitchen.

After some coffee, I attempt to figure out why Caeden got his nap taken away. Turns out it was his map and not his nap, "whew." Caeden has a little children's atlas that has a puppy, excuse me, wolf on the front of it. Moises found him downstairs, oh probably sometime around 5-5:30 crying because there was a wolf on the front of his "nap." Sounds like someone needs a nap to me. I never tried to figure out why Caeden was rocking on his head. I haven't seen him do it since so maybe I was still sleeping.

2 comments:

Just Joey said...

good thing for coffee to get us through the mornings!

Lani said...

You described most of my mornings perfectly. Minus the boy standing on his head in the rocking chair. Mine can sometimes be found squatting on top of the kitchen table making pictures out of the pile of salt that's been dumped there. Coffee helps?