Friday, August 22, 2008

Cirque da Silva

I do feel as though I have been living in a circus lately. The other day we were planning on going to the library two blocks away. That shouldn't be too difficult, right?

It took us about 10 minutes to get out of the house. The reason being that Caeden has shoes scattered at various points throughout the house and garage. We found one in the toys, logical right, when you are asked to put your toys away you throw your shoes in the pile too. The other was found in the garage and a spider had taken up residence in it. The shoe is still in the garage with the spider, it was a scary enough looking spider that I was not going to mess with it. Back inside to find another set of shoes.

Finally four sets of shoes were found and four heads, big and small were ushered out the door. Remember Alison is part of this madness. Caeden insisted on holding the HEAVY bag of books. Although this was a struggle for him, it was a great help for me because I had to wrestle the two seater stroller around the van and out the small opening left in the door. I encouraged the two little ones to stay in the driveway and out of the garage so I would have room, obviously they wanted to come in the garage too. So here we were, me wrestling with the stroller with two slow moving toddlers in front. What does Caeden do, but puts the heavy bag of books around his neck. I got us all squeezed through the opening and set the stroller down so I could help Caeden. The stroller falls over and hits Alison in the leg, she is screaming. Camlyn automatically takes a run for the street. I am left wondering if they plan these sort of escapades. Maybe we should buy some wigs and face paint and charge admission.


No children were harmed in the making of this production.

3 comments:

Lani said...

This sounds so familiar. Only there's only two in our circus. Maybe we should give up our plans for having #3?

Jessica said...

I think it is a bit different when the third is your own.

Lani said...

Well, your no help in convincing us to stop at two. ;)